Sunday, September 27, 2015

10 String Mandocello

Jonathan’s 10 string mandocello has now been completed and he came up at the weekend to collect it. After the mandocello’s long gestation period and the to-ing and fro-ing of so many emails, it was good to meet Jonathan in person again (I built him a guitar 5 years ago). As I’ve said before, it’s always a great compliment to be commissioned for a second instrument.
Anyway, below are a number of photos of the completed instrument. I’ve include a photo of the ‘cello with me, just to get an idea of scale! And before you ask where the video is, I felt that I was unable to do the ‘cello justice, but Jonathan has promised one, once he has got to grips with it; as you’ll see, it’s a magnificent beast!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home