Friday, October 21, 2011

What else is on the bench?

Chris’s Hare

Now of course, Brendan’s mandolin isn’t the only project on the go, so I thought that I would update you on what else is on the bench.

Chris’s Hare is going through the polishing process.

Also I’ve made the bridge and it has been fitted to the curve of the soundboard. It’s always best to do as much as possible on the guitar before the Finish is finished!


Standard mandolin III

Standard mandolin III is on the back-burner at the moment, as I’m trying to concentrate on catching-up with my commissions. As I said in a previous blog, I’ve not been firing on all cylinders lately and next week I’ll miss a chunk of time as my Mum is going into hospital for a knee replacement. Being a one-man operation puts a fair bit of pressure on you to get things done and not disappoint. You often see stories about guys like Wayne Henderson who are years behind with their work and their clients seem to grin and bear it- all part of the experience! Personally speaking, the client has made a commitment to me and me to them; I don’t want to let anyone down.

Anyway, I know that there are a few players interested in Standard III, so here’s the progress so far.

1996 Vintage "Navacaster"

One guitar that I had to sort out was this electric that I built for my son in 1996. It had developed one of those annoying sitar whining buzzes on the first string; the nut and frets were all ok and I tracked the problem down to the string wearing into the chrome plating on the saddle!


Joe Hicks

I’ve added a link to Joe Hicks’ website on the side bar. He is a great young professional guitarist who teaches and does session work. He bought one of my classical guitars a few years ago and I just stumbled across his site. Joe is an RGT registered tutor and currently teaches guitar lessons in Newbury, Reading, and the surrounding areas. So if you are after a teacher, he could be your man.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Wood With Strings said...

Classical guitar builder Jeffrey Elliot's waiting list is currently 15 years. Don't be too hard on yourself!

2:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home