Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bush Installation Tip

I’m just on the finishing stages of Chris’s Hare. The bridge went on yesterday without a hitch- not that there ever is! It’s just so final, no room for error etc.

After 24 hours for the glue to dry thoroughly, the last few bits and bobs go on, the tuners, end and strap pins, truss-rod cover and pick-guard etc.

I just thought I’d pass on this tip for fitting push-fit tuner bushes like these Grover ones.

I’ve tried various ways of installing this type of bush- rubber mallet, g-clamp, brute force etc but you always run the risk of the bush going in cock-eyed and once in, they shouldn’t come out! StewMac do a fancy tool for this task costing £30. However my solution is much cheaper and extremely effect- I use a machine screw and a wing nut.

Use washers to protect the back of the head and the plating on the bush. Tighten up the wing-nut and Bob’s you uncle!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger richard h said...

Gary - that's a useful tip - thanks.

6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home