Saturday, October 13, 2012

Guitar making mould/former for sale




I’ve been having a bit of a sort out in my store room and came across this mould that I made about 5 years ago and no longer use. Unless you have the resources, moulds are a real chore to make, so I thought that I’d put it up on eBay (link at the bottom of this post) in case someone could make good use of it.
The dimensions for the overall shape of the body are:
Body length 505mm, upper bout width 270mm, waist 225mm and lower bout 370mm.
The mould itself is 75mm deep and can be spilt in to two halves, which I think makes life easier when working with freshly bent sides that haven’t been cut to their final length.  The halves are held together with plywood plates and machine screws- there are threaded metal inserts in the mould to take the screws. The mould is varnished to protect it from moisture and to reduce the likelihood of gluing your guitar to the mould! This is built to last!

Here are a couple of photos of the guitars that I made with it. Although they have a 12 fret necks, the shape should work as well with 14 frets.

If this sells it will help rationalise the number shapes that I offer-Models 1 and 2, Hare signature, parlour guitar, 12 fret OOO style, 14 fret OO style, Gibson style jumbo, classical, baritone uke, twin point and standard mandolins! Yup, I think that I can spare a mould!

If you are interested in this mould, I'm after £50, which includes mainland UK shipping.- Send me an email via my website. Cheers Gary



Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this still for sale? i can't see the ebay link...?

7:22 pm  
Blogger Gary Nava, Luthier said...

Yes it is still for sale, If you are interested in this mould, I'm after £50, which includes mainland UK shipping.- Send me an email via my website. Cheers Gary

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home