Friday, December 21, 2018

More on the E-mandos..........

Pete’s e-mando is now going through the finishing stages and it has had a number of coats of Tru Oil; more still to be applied!
 So, now’s the time to make some progress with Dave’s octave e-mando; as you can see the body has been contoured and the wenge looks stunning. Wait 'til the Tru Oil goes on this one too!
 I’m making the neck out of some really nice Brazilian mahogany, I’ve not used this for a while (normally used on my guitars) and forgot what a wonderful wood it is!
I like to laminate my necks for the extra stability that is gained. So the wood is cut along its length, to relieve any internal stresses, and then glued back together again with a thick black veneer line for some subtle decoration.
Once the glue has dried I make the spliced head joint, this is a vastly superior method as you don’t get any short grain in the head.
My pearl logo is cut out by hand, inlaid into the head overlay which is eventually glued to the neck blank.
 3 slots are routed for the carbon fibre and adjustable truss rod.
And here we have the neck/head ready for the tuner holes…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home