Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Guyatone Project Part 7

To be honest, when I first saw the Guyatone up for auction, I thought it would be a quick flip, but as time has gone by, it has become more of a passion project. At the start of 2022, I thought that I’d be making some more mandolins and had in mind designing an oval hole archtop, never never never would I have imagined that I would be restoring an old Japanese electric guitar let alone be building a replica of it! As it happens, I’m really enjoying the work: the challenges it has thrown up, new techniques that I’ve had to learn, researching an aspect of guitar history previously unknown to me and in the process making some great new contacts.

So, in this latest video, I’m working on the neck of my “LG50”. One of the challenges was always going to be binding the head: watch the video and see how I tackled it.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home