Saturday, March 02, 2013

So what’s next?

 As you can see the construction of Tony’s Standard Plus is now complete and yesterday it was strung up “in the white”. I shall let it settle down over the weekend; some fettling next week and then strip it back down for polishing.
 Below, you can see why I like my pattern maker's vice so much; I’ve had so many enquires about this vice- Rutland Tools, if you are reading this you owe me commission! ;-)
The e-mando is still progressing and it should come on in leaps and bounds once I start polishing Tony’s.
So what’s next? All of the recent Standard Mandolins have been snapped up before I complete them so I thought that I’d start a couple more. Firstly, there is a Standard- I’ve got some really nice straight grain, quarter sawn American black walnut for the back and sides and a European spruce soundboard. It will also have a walnut and maple neck.
And secondly, a maple and redwood Standard Plus with an abalone dot and lozenge rosette. And maybe some snakewood…………….
If you’re interested in either of these two, feel free to email me via my website.
I noticed, with some sadness, that Harrods has closed its piano department. We all know times are tough but when such an iconic establishment says "It's really sad. This is one of the oldest departments in Harrods, but pianos don't do as well as handbags" you have to wonder where it will end.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home