Saturday, February 15, 2020

Using my new bench extension.........


Above, you can see that all the woodwork has been completed on Dave’s new e-mando; and I must say, it’s looking good. Next stage is to make all the hardware.
 If like me, you’ve ever bought anything from StewMac, you’ll be getting copious offers from them. Awhile back they were offering their “body board” I liked the concept but not the price, so I came up with my own simplified version using a couple of quids worth of plywood.
As you can see it fits neatly on the bench.
It really came in to its own, whilst shaping the neck and head of this solid body. The body being relatively heavy, meant that the instrument kept slipping down in the vice- the bench extension, offered extra support. 
Good inspiration Mr StewMac, thanks!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home