Monday, October 06, 2008

Cittern Completed

I mentioned awhile ago that I’m often asked, “how long does it take to make a guitar?” All of my recent instruments have been custom built and all have had unique specifications. So, for me there is no typical build.
I have tried to answer the question by logging how much time I spent building this cittern. The last time a mentioned the cittern I was up to 75 hours and ready to start spraying.

Shaping the underside of the bridge to fit the soundboard’s arch.

Lacquer removed to allow gluing.
Since then, the cittern has been sprayed and polished, the bridge made and glued on (always a nerve wracking procedure!) and set-up. So now, I think that I can call the cittern complete.




“How long does it take to make a guitar?”
“This one, 125 hours!”
Take a look on YouTube.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home