Friday, July 20, 2018

Fork Lift Resurrection

Back in the 1980’s there was a great "how-to-make" TV series- Blizzard’s Wonderful Wooden Toys along with an accompanying book with detailed plans. I made a couple of the projects, the most impressive one being a Hyster Fork Lift Truck model; complete with working mechanisms. I made it for our son about 30 odd years ago and now it’s time to get it out of the loft and resurrect it for our grandson.
It needed a good clean and some minor repair work…………….
 
And here it is…………
 
I modified the plans a little, making a number of metal parts including a ratchet and pawl mechanism for the winch and other details in the driver’s cab.
Happy days!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Two Terriers said...

I used to work on Hyster's advertising a lot of years ago, a memory there! John

5:38 pm  
Anonymous Graham Nicholls said...

I made this one when my 30 year old grandson was about 5-6. He eventually broke it and now after watching Repair Shop on TV I've got the urge to repair it. Very dusty but here we go.

10:51 am  
Blogger Trupar America said...

Love this post! This information is very useful blog wish more people would read this, you offer some really good suggestions on big joe forklift " Thanks for sharing!

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home