Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Getting a head


As mentioned in the last video, the head shape had to be cut-out and tuner holes drilled. Here is the result.
 
One of the trickiest operations is carving my vee shaped volute, done mainly with a chisel. 
The head now is really finished, nothing left to do, I’ve even filled the grain of the ebony! A practical reason- I do this nowadays before drilling the tuner holes, that way you don’t have try to clean the grain filling medium out of the holes!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your work I admire your skill and design aesthetic. Truly inspiring.
Regarding "Things with two wheels" when I ride my old Schwinn bicycle I imagine I am on a Vincent Black Lightning 1952.
Very best regards, Maurice

9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home