Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grateful Dead

I had a bit of a binge playing Grateful Dead CDs in the workshop yesterday and then had a look at the Dead website last night. I didn’t realise that it’s the 40th anniversary of the release of one of my favourite records of all time: Workingman’s Dead.

Apart from their music I’ve always been admirer of the Dead’s graphics and a few years ago, I did this inlay (into the body of a bass guitar) based on their “Steal Your Face” logo. It’s made from rosewood and nickel silver. I etched the detail with Ferric Chloride.

Now I’m going to play my vinyl copy!




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anthony Lazarus said...

Bears up well every listen, doesn't it! My first pressing is a very treasured possession of mine. The GD bass is one of my favourite instruments of yours. I hope all is well, and that Norfolk hasn't got to you yet!
Anthony

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home